It's done! I went with the photograph of myself holding onto my hat and the title of 'It's Raining Steampunk'.
I actually had a lot of fun painting a browny backdrop for the piece.
I then took all the steampunk elements I photographed and separated them out to form the 'rain drops' and pulled the whole image together.
I like the colours, but I think photographing the elements (the cogs particularly) in a lightbox would've made the final composition a lot easier. Although Photoshop has gotten really amazing at picking out a subject from the background and letting you refine that selection, there was still some bleed from the background.
I also think that I'd probably introduce more elements to give it a more chaotic feel.
Having said that, I'm pretty happy. It communicates the fun I wanted to project.
Now I need to make a lightbox for my next project!